Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
You do not have permission to access this page when the server is busy!
Please upgrade your membership to support this community and unlock various special privileges like:

• Access to this website when the server is busy
  • Remove Advertisements
  • Remove PM Limitations & Increase PM Storage
  • Get Priority support
  • Access VIP Forum Sections & Downloads
  • Perform extended searches
  • Option to hide your presents and activity from other users
  • Option to set your own custom user title
  • and Much More!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By wildbill
  • 2 Post By luckylarry
FTA Discussion Thread, sat 129 in True FTA; curious if anyone in the close to the Ontario / quebec border is able to hit 129W seems as though ...
    dunit is offline Junior Member

sat 129

curious if anyone in the close to the Ontario / quebec border is able to hit 129W
    seems as though most PS only have 129 and a few peeps i know have a PS w/ 129 only

So has anyone hit that bird in that area?

setwire is offline Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dunit View Post
    curious if anyone in the close to the Ontario / quebec border is able to hit 129W
    seems as though most PS only have 129 and a few peeps i know have a PS w/ 129 only

So has anyone hit that bird in that area?
    What size dish are you planning to use for the 129 Sat.?

The larger the better for your area.

DN 129 Sat is 99% HD Channels.

So you will need a HD Receiver and a Turbo8PSK board installed in order to view the 129 Channels.

this particular one has a elliptical dish, can't recall the size, 24" x something and a SV8K.
    in the past she aimed at 61.5 but that bird is of not much use any longer.

wildbill is offline Senior Member
    129w is spot beamed to different areas and Canada has a beam go to satbeams. c o m and look for your area.
    dunit likes this.

luckylarry is offline Member
    I'm in southern ontario:I couldn't hit it with an 18" dish.Went to a 21" round, and got 45 to 50% most transponders.I went then to a 33" and now I get 65 to 70% on available transponders.You will probably have to use a 30" plus dish.
    setwire and dunit like this.

Ok thanks to all for the help, so it seems as 72.7 is the only option friends have, so I will have to locate that one.
    I have not used my SV in some time, since N2 crapped out, and wondering if the latest files will lock in 72.7 or is there a better file to use.
    In the past I used a 3100 to locate the birds way back when but I am unsure if I can use the 3100 to aim at 72.7.
    Any suggestions?

ginster is offline VIP Member
    I'm in Ottawa and i get 129w no problems with a normal dish, i have two actually, one for 110/119 and one for 129. Both the same dish but on the 129 bird i got only one lnb in the y yolk. It is a hard beam to find though very on and off, and keep in mind the 8psk will kill half the signal/quality. With it on i only get 50signal 70 quality but all the HD channels work fine no pixelation and smooth, until thunder storms come along.

Quote Originally Posted by ginster View Post
    I'm in Ottawa and i get 129w no problems with a normal dish, i have two actually, one for 110/119 and one for 129. Both the same dish but on the 129 bird i got only one lnb in the y yolk. It is a hard beam to find though very on and off, and keep in mind the 8psk will kill half the signal/quality. With it on i only get 50signal 70 quality but all the HD channels work fine no pixelation and smooth, until thunder storms come along.
    I know right now they are aimed at 61.5 and signal is some what weak, which is why I would look for 72.7, but read some where the SV8K does not lock it under 72.7 but some other bird which is why I always used the 3100, it would tell you which sat you hit.